Irving Best Neighborhoods
Are you mulling over moving to Irving, Texas as your next home? This Dallas suburb is a great choice.
Irving features a robust business community, attractions for families, a unique multicultural vibe, and professional sports teams to boot. It's no wonder many people are flocking to live here.
But where should you establish your roots when there are so many wonderful communities around? To help you find the ideal fit, we'll highlight the five best neighborhoods in Irving.
Whether you're a growing family, a young professional, or a spectator sports fan, Irving has the perfect neighborhood for you. Reach out to us—we'd be pleased to help. Before we dive in, let's discuss why you should move to Irving.
Why Live in Irving?
Related: Pros and Cons of Living in Irving
Irving is an excellent place to live thanks to its many advantages:
- Thriving business hub: Toyota North America, ExxonMobil, and Fluor Corporation have their corporate headquarters in Irving.
- Family-friendly environment: Thanks to its top-notch schools, parks, and recreational opportunities, Irving is renowned for its family-friendly environment.
- Cultural diversity: Irving embraces its global identity and gladly welcomes visitors from all over the world.
- Spectator sports haven: Irving provides sports enthusiasts with unrivaled entertainment thanks to the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, and the Texas Rangers.
Now that we've established Irving's attractiveness, let’s discuss the suburb's five best neighborhoods in no particular order.
1. Luxury Homes and Access to World-Class Amenities at The Enclave at TPC
On the grounds of the TPC Golf Course of The Las Colinas Resort near Dallas, sits The Enclave at TPC, a private residential neighborhood.
The top-notch golf course plays host to the annual AT&T Byron Nelson Classic tournament, a top-tier event on the PGA Tour calendar. Besides golf, the Las Colinas Resort offers many amenities including dining, shopping, spa services, and even accommodation.
Built in 2005, The Enclave at TPC real estate comprises 326-single family Mediterranean-style residences. Homes for sale range in size from 5,000 to 10,000 square feet. Prices start at $980,000 and some residences can fetch as much as $3 million.
Thanks to the convenient location inside the Irving Independent School District's limits, prospective buyers with growing families can narrow their home search around The Enclave at TPC. With over 33,000 students, the district is home to 37 schools with varying academic performance.
Here are some of the schools that serve this community:
|Las Colinas Elementary School||6/10|
|Valley Ranch Elementary School||7/10|
|Crockett Middle School||3/10|
Are you looking to live in a golf-course community with world-class facilities? The Enclave at TPC offers luxurious and convenient living close to everything Las Colinas has to offer, all in a secure, safe setting.
2. Luxury Living and Unparalleled Convenience at Las Colinas
The masterfully designed neighborhood of Las Colinas combines luxurious living with incredible ease. The name, adopted in the 1960s, translates to "little hills" in Spanish.
The neighborhood is a fantastic place to live because of its many amenities:
- Shopping is convenient thanks to the nearby Galleria Dallas Mall and Hills Urban Center.
- Popular restaurants such as Fleming's Steakhouse, The Capital Grill, and Del Frisco's Steakhouse offer alternatives for every palate—from casual to gourmet dining.
- There is an outdoor venue in the neighborhood where thousands of people attend concerts and other events. The Irving Arts Center also offers seminars, performances, and art.
- Frequent flyers appreciate the proximity of Love Field Airport and DFW International Airport to Las Colinas.
- The largest concentration of office space in North Texas is located in the Las Colinas Urban Center, which serves as the community's commercial hub.
With a median price of $860,000, Las Colinas homes for sale range from single-family homes to gated luxury estates. For families with school-age children, the public schools in Las Colinas offer a great incentive to set down family roots.
Here are some of the assigned schools for the community:
|Las Colinas Elementary School||6/10|
|Las Colinas Middle School||8/10|
|Irving High School||6/10|
Parents could also choose to send their children to the numerous private schools scattered throughout the area. Without a doubt, Las Colinas delivers a comfortable and opulent lifestyle.
The high cost of living and heavy traffic, on the other hand, should be taken into consideration for some people.
3. Family-friendly Neighborhood and Community in University Hills
With its tree-lined streets and welcoming ambiance near major roads and attractions, University Hills captures the appeal. Established in the 1950s, University Hills homes for sale vary in price from $500,000 to over $1 million, with a median price of $660,000.
Although townhouses and apartments are available, the majority of listings are single-family homes.
Homeowners enjoy the following amenities:
- A beautiful community park with a playground and a pool.
- A gym and fitness center in the recreation center.
- An extensive resource library
- Ample dining options and specialty stores nearby.
- Excellent access to freeways for quick trips to Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Easy access to the DFW Airport only moments away.
If schools are important to you, a diverse selection of educational institutions serve University Hills. Some of the assigned schools for this community include Las Colinas Elementary and Las Colinas Middle.
Additionally, students go to the nearby, well-regarded Irving High School. In this regard, University Hills provides a wonderful setting for a cozy, family-oriented neighborhood.
4. Security and Top-notch Amenities at Hackberry Creek
For people seeking safety and excellent amenities, Hackberry Creek has long been one of the best places to live in Irving. Since construction began in the late 1980s, over 500 homes have been built in the expanding neighborhood.
Take advantage of the scenic trails, frequent neighborhood gatherings at the clubhouse, or cool down at the inviting pool on a hot summer day.
Homes for sale in Hackberry Creek range in price, starting from $650,000 for single-family homes to luxury estates worth millions. The median home value as of June 2022 was $995,000, up roughly 30% over the previous year.
There are numerous public schools within walking distance for the families in the area. Las Colinas Middle and Hackberry Creek Elementary are two of the local schools.
The next stop for students is the nearby Irving High School. Membership amenities and the tight-knit community atmosphere provide security for homeowners seeking to plant roots here.
5. Elite Private Community with Luxurious Living in Cottonwood Valley
In the middle of Las Colinas, not far from the DFW Airport and the heart of Dallas is Cottonwood Valley, a gated community. Homes for sale in Cottonwood Valley showcase a variety of architectural styles, from traditional to modern, each with an elegant charm.
With a $1.2 million median home price in late spring 2023, prices vary from $980,000 to $3 million. Tennis courts, a clubhouse, a fitness center, a dog park, and a playground are among the amenities that homeowners can access.
The famed Four Seasons Resort, which offers dining, shopping, and entertainment, is also close to the neighborhood.
Another great reason to call Cotton Valley home is the surrounding schools that have a reputation for a strong work ethic.
Several public schools, including Cottonwood Valley Elementary and Las Colinas Middle, are located in the area. The next stop for students is Irving High School, which is also in the surrounding area.
For those who can afford it, the perks and convenience of living here outweigh the costly investments. Moreover, the high housing prices cater to elite buyers seeking an extravagant lifestyle.
Living in Irving: Find Your Perfect Neighborhood Fit
There you have it, the best five neighborhoods in Irving, Texas courtesy of VIP Realty. These neighborhoods represent everything Irving has to offer, whether you're looking for luxurious living, family choices, or easy access to entertainment.
The three pillars that make Irving a great place to live are highlighted in each neighborhood:
- Amenities for a more comfortable living
- Community-building amenities
- Connections that inspire dreams
Buyers who are thinking about their families' futures will desire communities focused on these factors as Irving continues to curve its identity.
Do you see yourself being part of Irving's ongoing story? Our real estate experts are ready to help you navigate these neighborhoods to find your perfect fit.
Reach out to arrange home tours and discover for yourself why people in these close-knit communities make friends with their neighbors. Your new neighborhood awaits—don't wait to leave your mark on Irving's meaningful journey.Posted by Richard Soto-Broker on