Best Neighborhoods in McKinney
McKinney, Texas is one of the most desirable places to live in the Lone Star State, boasting some amazing neighborhoods.
This guide introduces five of the best neighborhoods in McKinney, covering everything from home types to the amenities that make each neighborhood stand out.
Whether you're a young professional, a growing family, or a retiree, there's a McKinney locale suited just for you.
Before exploring further, feel free to contact us if interested in buying a home in McKinney or other Dallas suburbs. Our local real estate experts will help you find the place that feels most like home.
Discover the Best of McKinney
McKinney, Texas exudes a down-home warmth while still maintaining a youthful spirit. It's an ideal place to raise children, grow a business or simply enjoy life to the fullest.
Here are some highlights of living in McKinney:
- Safety in spades: Crime rates in McKinney are well below national averages.
- Outstanding schools: McKinney Independent School District ranks among the best in Texas for academic excellence.
- Abundant amenities: From parks and recreational facilities to shopping and dining, McKinney offers something for everyone.
- A booming economy: Unemployment sits at a mere 2.5% in McKinney, signaling many job opportunities.
If you're searching for a place to call home, McKinney homes and real estate deserve serious consideration. This family-friendly city is safe with much to offer residents.
Now let’s explore.
1. Craig Ranch: Living Made Easy
First on our McKinney neighborhood tour is Craig Ranch—a master-planned community so large that it feels like its own small town. With over 7,700 single-family homes and apartments, Craig Ranch offers housing in all styles and price ranges.
And the amenities—a 75,000 square-foot fitness center, golf course, basketball courts, and more! No wonder Money magazine named it the best place to live in America in 2014.
Here's what you'll find at Craig Ranch:
- Amenities galore: Residents can enjoy amenities such as a state-of-the-art fitness center, golf course, Olympic-size pool, Movie Theater, library, and more.
- Top schools: Craig Ranch Elementary, Middle, and High Schools are among the finest in the area.
- Affordability: Craig Ranch homes range in price from about $370,000 for condos to $950,000 for luxury estates.
If you want a master-planned community with resort-style living and excellent schools, Craig Ranch may be the perfect fit.
2. Stonebridge Ranch: A Massive Community with Variety
Stonebridge Ranch is a sprawling community in McKinney, Texas, covering over 5,000 acres and comprising 72 distinct neighborhoods. The community offers housing options for all types of buyers, from affordable starter homes to multimillion-dollar estates.
Stonebridge Ranch was awarded the Gold Medal for Master-Planned Communities by the National Association of Home Builders in 2017.
Here's what you'll find at Stonebridge Ranch:
- Ample amenities: Two golf courses, a beach, lazy rivers, splash pads, tennis courts, and more provide resort-style living right in your backyard.
- Highly regarded schools: Stonebridge Elementary earned a National Blue Ribbon Award in 2016. Hillwood K-8 has been named an "LP School of Distinction" multiple times. And Lovejoy High School consistently ranks among the top 5 public high schools in Texas.
- Pricing for all: Stonebridge Ranch homes range from around $400,000 for more affordable options up to millions for luxurious estates.
If you want the prestige of calling yourself a Stonebridge resident, be prepared to pay a pretty penny for some of McKinney's most luxurious living. But for many buyers, it's worth the cost.
3. Adriatica: A Slice of Europe in Texas
Imagine living in a charming European village with cobblestone streets, a bell tower, and a waterfront. That's Adriatica for you, a unique neighborhood in McKinney, Texas.
Here are some things that make Adriatica special:
- The architecture: Adriatica resembles a traditional Croatian village with stunning architecture, shops lining the streets, a chapel, and more.
- Ample amenities: Amenities include a pool, playground, Dog Park, and a small shopping center with grocery store.
- Highly regarded schools: Adriatica Elementary has earned top state ratings for a decade while Wilson Middle School has national recognition.
- Pricing: Adriatica homes are priced from around $750,000 for townhomes to over $1.3 million for luxury estates. The median home price in Adriatica is $925,000.
If you've ever dreamed of living the European life in Texas, Adriatica may provide an ideal solution. But be ready for the steep costs of entry.
4. Tucker Hill: Living With Colonial Elegance
Step back in time at Tucker Hill where classic colonial-style homes take center stage. This neighborhood exudes luxury with its Dutch colonial-inspired architecture.
The streets are lined with mature trees while homes sit back from the road, creating privacy. The stunning Tucker Hill Residence Club serves as the community hub with a resort-style pool, clubhouse, and fitness center.
Here's what you'll find at Tucker Hill:
- Amenities galore: A playground, tennis courts, and walking trails among others.
- Highly acclaimed schools: Tucker Hill Elementary, Middle, and McKinney High - are among the best schools in the area.
- Pricing: Tucker Hill homes range from around $700,000 for modest colonials up to $1.5 million for luxurious estates.
If you have the means and want to live like royalty in historic colonial style, Tucker Hill may have mastered the art of luxe living.
5. Historic Downtown McKinney: The Heartbeat of the City
Our final McKinney neighborhood tour stop is historic Downtown McKinney - the city's very heart and soul. The area was founded in 1848 as "Old Town McKinney" and the downtown square became a National Historic Landmark in 1978.
With its walkable streets and historic charm, Downtown McKinney is ideal for people-watching, shopping, and dining. And after dark, there are plenty of bars, clubs, and live music venues.
Here's what you'll find in Downtown McKinney:
- Affordability: Downtown McKinney homes average around $450,000.
- Shopping galore: Over 100 unique shops selling antiques, clothing, gifts, and more.
- Dining delights: Over 50 restaurants offer everything from casual to fine dining.
- Cultural sites: Several historical sites and museums include a performing arts center, a history center, and a historic village.
- Top schools: Finch Elementary, McKinney Boyd High, and McKinney North High serve historic downtown.
If you want the quintessential downtown Texas experience with shopping, restaurants, nightlife, and more - historic Downton McKinney delivers and then some.
The Perfect Place to Call Home
McKinney neighborhoods offer something for every lifestyle with their unique charm, amenities, and school options.
Whether the colonial elegance of Tucker Hill, the European feel of Adriatica, or the small-town vibrancy of Craig Ranch, each neighborhood highlights what makes McKinney a highly desirable place to live.
- McKinney neighborhoods provide safety, outstanding schools, and a booming economy alongside abundant amenities.
- Each neighborhood offers its distinct housing options, community resources, and aesthetic appeal.
- Home prices vary widely to accommodate different budgets.
This guide has introduced you to just a sampling of what McKinney has to offer. Further exploration will reveal even more neighborhoods perfect for your needs and desires.
Don't miss out on the chance to discover your ideal neighborhood in one of Texas's finest cities.Posted by Richard Soto-Broker on