Posts Tagged ‘Military Relocation’

San Antonio Welcomes Military Relocation

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011

San Antonio welcomes military relocation, as this city is home to several military installations, including Brooks City Base, Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base and Randolph Air Force Base.

Because San Antonio welcomes military relocation, and because San Antonio is such a highly desired city in which to relocate, military relocation here is welcomed change for many military families.

Brooks City Base

Brooks City Base is the home of the 311th Human Systems Wing and the Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine. This base trains more than 7,000 students on an annual basis, in everything from bioenvironmental engineering to flight medicine. Most aerospace medical offers, at one point or another, train at Brooks City Base. Brooks City Base is also the home of Hangar 9, the oldest aircraft hangar in the Air Force, which is now the Air Force Museum of Aerospace Medicine.

Fort Sam Houston

Fort Sam Houston is home to a multitude of Army units, including the Army Medical School. This military installation was built in 1845 and was the training location for soldiers who were training on the western frontier.

Lackland Air Force Base

Lackland Air Force Base is the premier military installation for basic military training for personnel enlisting in the Air Force, the Air Force Reserve and the Air National Guard. Many recruits go through a six-week training process here, and it is also the place where high-level technical training takes place. Lackland Air Force Base is also home to the Inter-American Air Forces Academy and the Defense Language Institute English Language Center. The Inter-American Air Forces Academy trains personnel from more than 130 countries here. Lackland Air Force Base also boasts the impressive USAF Security Forces Museum.

Randolph Air Force Base

Randolph Air Force Base is the place where pilots, navigators and electronic warfare officers go to train. Randolph Air Force Base was built in 1930 and is now a National Historic Landmark. It is home to the 12th Flying Training Wing and is the place where personnel go to train for basic and primary flying operations.