How to Become a Realtor in Texas A career in real estate in Texas is a profession that is not only demanding but also has its perks and rewards. You have to dedicate yourself to develop and grow as a realtor. Though it may be tasking, becoming a realtor in Texas is not difficult. Here are some pointers on what you need to do to become a realtor in Texas. General Requirements Below are eight important points you need to know if you wish to earn a real estate license in Texas:
1. Be a citizen of the U.S or a lawfully admitted alien.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Be a legal resident of Texas.
4. Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
5. Complete pre-licensing classroom hours in a state accredited real estate school.