We love Park Cities because of its outstanding architecture and its long list of fun things to do. There has always been a high demand for homes in the Park Cities area of Dallas, which includes Highland Park and University Park, for a few reasons. This area of the city is well known for its exceptional school system, its exceptional location near Dallas, and its exceptional homes.
The homes of Park Cities, which often appear to be on display, sitting up high on expertly manicured lawns, speak of the quality architecture of nearly 100 years ago. Most of the homes in the Park Cities area have been lovingly remodeled and updated by executives and other professionals who often call this area of Dallas home. It is therefore quite common to find homes in this exclusive area of the city far exceeding $1 million.
Here are few facts about Part Cities that make this area of the city further attractive to homebuyers:
- The average commute for residents of Highland Park and University Park into downtown Dallas is just seven minutes. Even though these neighborhoods are situated within minutes of the busy downtown area, they boast quiet, serene neighborhoods of tree-lined streets and massive homes.
- The Park Cities, although considered to be a “residential island,” boasts its own municipal governments, including its down police department and fire department. It also has its own school district, the Highland Park ISD, which has been consistently ranked as one of the top schools in Dallas.
- The largest employer in University Park is Southern Methodist University and the major shopping center is Snider Plaza.
- The original plans for Highland Park included that 20 percent of the land was to be saved for parks. As such, this area of Dallas is known for its beautiful, lush green spaces.
- Highland Park Village, which is a 200,000 square foot shopping center, includes more than 80 shops and restaurants, including office space.
- The average home in the University Park area is $500,000 and the average price for a home in Highland Park is $1.2 million, and the demand for these homes has always been quite strong.
Tags: park cities